With our new bulk upload system, you can load multiple files to Map Mavin at one time. To load multiple shapefiles and TIFFs at once, each needs to be compressed in a single ZIP file. If you have a large amount of data, that can be time consuming so we wrote this handy script to help you out!
Here is how to use the script. Please note this will only work on a Windows-based computer.
- Download and install the freeware compression program, 7-Zip, on your C: drive.
- Now download this script file and un-compress it.
- Put the script .BAT file into a folder with multiple shapefiles and/or TIFFs. Make sure to remove any KMLs or KMZs as will upload without being compressed.
- Double click the script .BAT file and you are all set!
- Finally, follow these directions to bulk upload your new collection of ZIP files.